Quality Control & Assurance Services
Quality Assurance & Quality Control
CONVMECH offers a full range of QA/QC services and solutions which enables our clients to achieve high quality, cost-effective, safe products and assure the quality of all materials, structures, components and systems utilized in the manufacturing and operation of your industrial facilities.
When it comes to your industrial facilities, the quality of all equipment, materials, structures and components is subject to strict regulations and standards. Our quality assurance and quality control services help you ensure compliance with all contractual specifications, mandatory regulations and quality standards.
- Assure the quality of all equipment, materials, structures, components and systems utilized in the construction, manufacturing and operation of all types of industrial facilities
- Comply with all relevant quality standards and regulations
- Verify materials, parts and final products through independent checks, audits, inspections and witnessing
- Benefit from quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) both off-site at manufacturers’ facilities and on-site during the construction process.
We offer you unrivaled experience stretching across every industry. With state-of-the-art resources and expertise and a unique global network. As a result, we can help you assure quality throughout your entire supply chain.
- Assistance in defining a QA/QC program that meets the full scope of all regulatory requirements
- Performing pre-award or pre-qualification surveys, including a complete review of the suppliers’ QA program to meet government or purchaser requirements
- Formal equipment audits at the premises of your Vendor, constructor, manufacturer or sub-supplier – before and during manufacture.
- QA of the organizations involved in the construction, manufacture and operation of your facility
- Review of specifications, procedures and specified standards
- Monitoring materials testing
- Inspection, witnessing or verification to establish the quality of a material, structure or system during manufacturing
- Factory acceptance tests of installations and equipment
- Pre-shipment inspections and loading supervision during the transportation phase
- Monitoring storage methods and preventive maintenance systems of plant equipment before and during installation
- Organization and implementation of record retention systems
QA- Quality Assurance
- Process & Procedural Development
- Document Review & Approval
- Innovative Solutions
- Field or Site Implementation of Approved Document
- Ongoing Quality Checks
- Continuing Inspections
QI- Quality Improvement
- Failure Analysis/Lessons Learned
- Continuous Improvement
- Success Stories
Contact us today to find out how our quality assurance and quality control services can help you assure the quality of your industrial facilities.
Our Non Destructive Testing Services
As an industry leader in non-destructive testing (NDT) inspection, CONVMECH offers an expansive suite of traditional NDT solutions as the basis of many of our asset protection programs
Non-destructive testing (NDT) – also known as nondestructive examination (NDE) and nondestructive inspection (NDI), depending on the industry – is an efficient way to inspect equipment because there’s no need to shut down or enter an asset, increasing uptime and productivity. In opposition to its counterpart, destructive testing (DT), NDT’s non-intrusive application does not materially affect the integrity of the asset being inspected.
Each NDT technique is designed to detect and/or quantify specific damages. For example, ultrasonic testing (UT) techniques are effective to detect and track active flaws, corrosion, and erosion, while acoustic emission (AE) is an effective choice for fatigue, leaking, and cracking.
As many clients’ inspection needs are in at-height, confined space, and subsea locations, CONVMECH’ NDT inspection services include rope access teams, certified unmanned system pilots, and trained divers to ensure assets in hard-to-reach locations are inspected as regularly as they need to be.
CONVMECH offers an extensive range of NDT techniques, along with subject matter experts to assist in selecting the appropriate method. In addition to the solutions mentioned below, check out the OneSource List to learn more about CONVMECH’ expansive range of available traditional NDT solutions, including:
- Magnetic Particle(MT)
- Penetrant Testing(PT)
- Ultrasonic Testing(UT)
- Visual Testing(VT)
Magnetic Particle (MT)
MT is a quick, cost-effective NDT inspection method to detect surface and near-surface discontinuities, available in the field or in the lab. In MT, CONVMECH technicians magnetize a ferromagnetic material and apply finely-milled iron particles coated with a dye pigment to it. The particles indicate a discontinuity in the material by clustering directly over it, which can be visually detected under proper lighting conditions.
CONVMECH utilizes Dry Powder and Wet Fluorescent Magnetic Particle testing (MT) for finding surface/near-surface defects in ferromagnetic material. MT requires a skilled technician to distinguish between relevant and irrelevant indications. It is often used for metal cracking detection, weld verification, and stress corrosion cracking detection.
Penetrant Testing (PT)
A traditional, relatively simply method of field or lab non-destructive testing, Penetrant Testing (PT) is used for finding surface-breaking discontinuities on relatively smooth, nonporous surfaces. It is based on the properties of capillary action, or the phenomenon of a liquid rising or climbing when confined to a small opening. After the excess penetrant is removed and a developer is applied, a trained inspector can identify any remaining penetrant that may indicate a flaw.
Also referred to as Liquid Penetrant Inspection (LPT), Penetrant Testing (PT) is used on non-ferrous materials such as metals, composites, and ceramics, identifying surface anomalies such as cracks, seams, laminations, blow holes, laps, external bursts and welding defects.
Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
Conventional Ultrasonic Testing (UT) inspection is a commonly-used non-destructive testing (NDT) technique that measures the propagation of mechanical vibrations (ultrasonic waves) through a material to examine properties, measure thickness, determine elasticity, and detect a range of discontinuities, including corrosion/erosion, flaws, cracks, and more.
An NDT) staple, CONVMECH technicians utilize conventional ultrasonic testing (UT) to detect surface and sub-surface defects and supply accurate readings regarding discontinuity size and shape. Ultrasonic surveys are used as the main inspection technique for a plant’s erosion/corrosion programs, and are utilized extensively at our multiple evergreen site locations around the world.
Visual Testing (VT)
The oldest and most basic form of non-destructive testing, traditional visual testing involves CONVMECH technicians inspecting equipment with their eyes to determine any visual defects. CONVMECH offers visual inspectors that are certified to a variety of industry codes and regulations.
Often the first technique that CONVMECH utilizes at the outset of a project, CONVMECH provides a variety of visual inspection (VT) services to multiple industries. The method is useful for determining a project’s scope, establishing the extent of existing damage, and informing the technician of where more advanced, in-depth inspections are needed.